Z SoccerChic9: Another reason why....
Friday, September 15, 2006
I would not be a good parent.

Last night I stood in the large ballroom and observed the busyness around me. People were happily eating and talking, the catering staff was replenishing food, the speakers and board members had smiles on their faces, the youth assistants were answering questions. And as I stood there, I marvelled at how everything was running so smoothly and perfectly, it almost made me sad, because this baby that I had poured the last few months into, was taking it's first breaths, and it was doing just fine without me. There is a downfall when things are perfectly organized (though people who have never done an event like this before would not understand what I am talking about), it is that things can run without you. That is an odd feeling, as your baby takes it's first steps into the real world, and you realize they've forgotten about who you are.

So yes, I survived day one of the conference - and I did not need to drink the bottle of wine in order to do so:) Everything went extremely smoothly, and everyone keeps remarking at how relaxed and organized I am. I must say, I am not really sure what I could be stressed about.....and that worries me. I must be missing something:)
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.