Z SoccerChic9: Dissatisfied with the norm...
Monday, March 26, 2007
I have realized that humans have the ability to coast during their lives. I am not sure if this is a gift from God, or a task of the devil. You see, I am dissatisfied with my life right now, and yet I have been coasting in this state for quite some time. I have settled for the ordinary, because it is easier and more comfortable then pushing myself to attain a higher level.

Growing up in the church, you can learn how to go through the motions fairly quickly. You know all the arguments for why you believe what you do, you say the right things at the right times, and you convince people into believing that you have it all together. Learning these things over a number of years, means you can coast for quite a long time, without people realizing that you are just going through the motions. Sometimes, you become so good at it, that you even fool yourself into thinking that your relationship with God is a lot stronger then it actually is.

Until you stop and take a breath for a second, and realize that if you were put on trial for being a Christian, you really wouldn't have very much to convict you. I mean, once you take going through the motions away, what do you have left.

What makes you different and sets you apart? I don't care what you look like on Sunday, because everyone looks good on Sunday. I care about who you are on Friday night when you're hanging with your friends, or who you are when you're alone with your girlfriend in your car. I care about who are you are in the shower, when no one else is around and you have no reason to keep your mask on or impress people.

Today, I am sick of settling for a level that is so easy to attain and requires no sacrifice from me.

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.