Z SoccerChic9: The Awards Ceremony
Thursday, March 24, 2005
I am sick. Hopefully it is just one of those 24 hour bugs who fly by, bite and leave. It's an interesting way to start the long weekend to say the least. I had to leave school early cause I felt like I had been run over by a large MACK truck - or something similar. Anyhow, I am now at home, had a nice long bath, and am sitting in my room in bed. So I figure I will tell you guys about last night - since you are all dying to know (stop groaning:)

Well, the ceremony was from 4:00-6:00. It was really well done, impressed me quite a lot. They had transformed our cafe into a beautiful room - no small feat for those who know and have seen Mohawks Cafe. They had small round tables, candles, a live jazz band, name tags and expensive chocolates, amazing food and tons of it (!), a very nicely done program (passed my dad's inspection), and so on.

After the president's speech - in which I, and the rest of the award students, were refered to as the future of the world, yadda yadda. Gotta love those bull speeches - makes you feel warm and mushy inside - or something like that. Then the awards part came - I found out that with my award, official documentation, etc. I also recieved $250.00. So that was all cool - who am I to turn down money:)

So yes, after all the pictures, hugs, teachers saying I was a model student to my dad and sister, and whatnot - I left, feeling happy that after all that work I put into the program I could walk away with a legal award. Made my day!!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.