Z SoccerChic9: Today.
Monday, July 09, 2007
I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. It was then that I realized it's been quite some time since that's happened. To be honest, I'm having a really good day so far (even if it is 7:30 in the morning), and a lot of it has to do with yesterday being an amazing day.

You see, I woke up yesterday not wanting to go to church. I just felt tierd, and not into it. I kind of showed up with a bad attitude, I'm not going to lie. It was one of those, "Okay God, I'm not going to get anything out of this, so show up and show off, cause I'm not putting any effort into it." That was when God showed up...and through different circumstances throughout the day, and a sermon about how our faith needs to be what gets us through the storms of life, He showed off.

It never ceases to amaze me, that God bothers with people like us. That He takes the time to show up and show off for someone with a bad attitude who doesn't deserve it. That He gives second chances to people, or opportunities for me to see how my thinking has been wrong. I mean, would it not have been easier to strike me with lightning, or let me sulk in my bad attitude yesterday morning. But, He took the time, because He's God, and as much as all the junk in the world around me makes it seem to people that God is not a God of love - yesterday was just another reason why, I believe He is.

And so, as I start this beautiful Tuesday morning (I'm still skipping Monday's out of my week) I've got a smile on my face, and hope in my heart again.

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.