Z SoccerChic9: It's all about perspective...
Thursday, May 10, 2007
If you were to walk up to me and tell me that life is extremely hard, and brutally tough, I would agree. I'll be the first to sing along with Coldplay..."No one said life was going to be easy, but they never said it was going to be this hard." However, the more I travel this pathway we've titled life, the more I realize that my perspective on things can make or break me. I've had to deal with some junk in my life, and really who hasn't, but at the end of the day, if I'm able to look back and be thankful for the things I learned, or how they made me stronger...then I think it was worth it.

There's a verse that says "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

I don't always see the plan, or even understand it...but I'm trusting that there is an ultimate plan, and it's a perfect one. And so, when life throws a curve ball, instead of becoming bitter over the pain of things that have happened to me, I'd rather move forward...cry a little harder, understand pain a little more deeply, laugh more, and live a life that honors God...despite the mess this life presents.

I suggest everyone take a midnight walk in the rain, jump in the puddles, and laugh because you're glad you're alive. It's all about perspective.

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.