Z SoccerChic9: Taking for Granted
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Tomorrow...I will wake up in my comfortable bed, take a warm shower, spend 10 mins or so trying to decide what I should wear to work, because my closet is full...and I have way to many clothes. I'll get into my vehicle, stop by at Tim Hortons and grab myself some breakfast...get into my comfortable air conditioned office and work until lunch time. Then I'll go out for lunch with Andrea, cause that's what we do. I'll go back to work to finish off the day...then I'll get into my car, turn on the air condition...and drive up to the cottage for the weekend.

I'll most likely think about some of the tough stuff that I'm going through and how I really need a vacation, how I really should go clothes shopping and get some more stuff (like I don't have enough already), I'll think about what I should do for school in September, and if I should get a job at a big law firm and rake in the dough. I'll play some music, and think...wow, I really should get some newer speakers, and hook up a bigger sub.

I mean, the day may have some variations, but that's most likely what it will look like.

And then on a day like today, I'll stop and think about how much I really have, and how I take so much for granted. I'll think about how so many people go through way worse, have far less, hurt way deeper, and how most of those people never complain. I'll look at the things in my life that I consider to be tough, and I'll realize that they are just opportunities that God has presented to me, to challenge me, test me, and make me a better person...and really, they aren't that big of a deal.

I know for myself, I can get so caught up in the here and now - in the little things that seem so big in the moment. When really, when it put it all in perspective, when I see all the tough stuff that other people are dealing with, and when I realize how much I have been given...I am humbled and embaressed by the fact that I complain, and I take for granted, when I have every reason not to.

Labels: ,

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.