Z SoccerChic9: Purpose...
Thursday, May 17, 2007
I believe that everything happens for a reason. I may not understand the reason in the moment, or even five years down the road, but I do believe it fits into an ultimate and master plan. That may seem like some giant conspiracy theory, and I suppose in some ways it is. There is an ultimate plan, and there is an ultimate being in control of that plan. Lucky for us...He told us what His plan was, and so we don't have to spend our lives guessing why. Not to say that we always understand the small workings or details...but we can rest assured they fit, they have a purpose.

I suppose I can look at some of the junk I went through, and see it as a trial, something that held me back, or caused me baggage...however, I'm trying to look at it as having a purpose, it seems less depressing that way. You see, if I had to struggle with a negative self-view and all the junk that came with that, just so I could relate to one girl who is struggling with some of the same issues...I think the pain it caused was worth it. If I had to lose people that I loved and trusted the most, so that I can understand what you mean when you tell me you're having a tough time with the ending of a relationship...then the pain was worth it. If I can witness and share my faith to one more person, and really connect and relate because of what I've gone through...the pain hardly seems like pain anymore. It seems like a blessing. Almost like I got lucky, cause God choose me to experience tough stuff, so I could relate to people.

Suddenly, my rough day...doesn't look like a trial...it looks like a blessing. Because when you tell me how you feel completely stressed out...I'll know what you're talking about.

I guess, it comes back to perspective...to seeing the bigger picture, and not getting caught up in the minor details and bumps in the road.

I'm preaching to the choir tonight.

Labels: ,

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.