Z SoccerChic9: Day Three: City Chick at Country Farm
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
There is one thing that city people rarely experience, and that is the ability to stand outside and hear absolutely no traffic, no people noise, nothing directly or indirectly associated with the city. However, on Jello's Uncle's farm in SK, that very experience can be had. I hold to the fact that I believe that the farm is one of the most peaceful and relaxing places I've ever been. I also hold to the fact that we always get steak when we go out there, and I don't believe I've ever had bigger or better steak.

Today started slowly, and I quite enjoyed sleeping in and not having to rush around. After running some errands, and browsing through Chapters while planning our road trip to B.C., but also our future plans to hit up Europe, we headed out to the farm for the afternoon.

The moment you pull into the driveway, time ceases to exist in that place. We had an amazing supper, complete with the largest steaks ever. Then we went to check out the cows, and feed them, and found kittens in the barn. I almost felt like a real farm chick, and then I saw frogs jumping around, and Jello thought there was a snake in the bush, and that brought me back to the reality, that I really am just a city chick, who can only pretend to be a contry chick :)

Good times on the farm though, and a great way to spend Day Three. Tomorrow we head out to The Hat, and then off to B.C. I can't wait!

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.