Z SoccerChic9: The border guard and I
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Well of course, no 34 hour trip is complete without a deer and border guard story. Which means I am definately going to feel obligated to tell you the story about my border guard in Sarnia.

I pulled up to the border crossing, and it was a relatively busy day for the border and all. So, I picked the line with the biggest vehicles, cause then it should go faster. Well, as I pull up I notice that my border guard is in his 20's. I give him my passport, and start answering all the obligitory questions that they ask. Yes, I'm coming from Alberta, yes I'm a law clerk, yes I am moving. Everything was going fine, and he was about to leave until he saw my purse. Now, little did I know that a purse like mine was going to be a problem, otherwise I would of stuffed it somewhwere other then in plain view. He asked me why I had a camo bag, and I told him it was my purse.

He didn't seem to hear the purse word, and was like, "do you know what those are for" to which I answered, "yes, to carry my stuff around". He quickly informed me that such bags were used to carry bullets and he wanted to know if I had bullets in my bag. I assured him he didn't, but he wanted to know where I got the bag from, why I had a bag to carry bullets, and so forth. Then he asked, "Do you have a machine gun in your car". Yes, he specifically said Machine Gun, I did not make that up. I wanted to laugh, but I didn't want him to tear apart my car - so I tried to in a serious voice and face say "No, I do not have a machine gun in my car".

After asking the question twice, and me saying no twice - he decided to let me through. I must say, that was definately the weirdest thing that has happened to me at a border crossing.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.