Z SoccerChic9: I did something brave today
Friday, September 23, 2005
Well, for me it was very brave....okay, a whole lot of brave....big steps. Basically, I quit my job today. Some of you who have talked to me, know that my job has been extremely stressful as of late, and by stressful I do mean stressful. There where a lot of issues with management, overloading of staff, and not proper training. So, recently I decided it was not a good thing for me to continue my employment at Ferro & Company, so I quit.

I must say, it is a very odd feeling to be jobless, I don't remember the last time that happened, maybe cause it hasn't before. I know, all the experts say that you are not suppose to quit without having another job lined up, but I pretty much broke all the rules.

I gave my two-weeks notice this morning, once they found that they could not convince me to change my mind, they pretty much pushed me out the door. So, there is no two-weeks invovled.

As trying as working at that office was, I learned a lot - valuble lessons. I would like to say I learned how to be successful at life, or rock at law, or something along those lines. But, I learned moreso, about my pride issues, how I do not deal well with people, how sometimes you gotta take the blame even if it wasn't your fault. I learned what happens to me when I am stressed (basically, think of a porcupine on steriods...not pretty), I learned that you need humility, and that sometimes wet behind the ears people think they know a lot, but they really don't....that is a hard lesson. I learned that money really doesn't play a factor into your job, cause no matter how much someone pays you, burning out for that amount is never worth it. I learned that even when things look bad, God has a plan and purpose....I just gotta let him work that out.

So, at the end of the day...in 20 years I will have a great story to tell my children...and I will laugh when I look back, laugh and think - why the heck did I stay as long as I did:)
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.