Z SoccerChic9: Weddings
Sunday, August 07, 2005
So, yesterday my cousin Jason Jonkman got married to Ruth Vamanan. It's during those times that I start to feel like I'm not 5 anymore - considering Ruth is about six months older then me. It's then that I get a sharp pain in my chest and I have trouble breathing - like not to freak anyone out or anything, but that could be me. Slight heart attack (more so for people who picture me being married, not to mention the poor guy:)

It was a normal wedding, in the sense that the ceremony happened in the church, the church ladies served goodies afterwards with punch and coffee, pictures in between the service and the reception, potatoes, roast beef, vegtable and salad for the dinner, and the toasts from the parents. But, there was a bit of a rebellious side, with the drums in the church for the bride and groom's signing and retreat, which I might add was most likely the first and last time drums were ever in St. Thomas church. Also instead of psalter hymnal numbers on the boards at the front of the church it said "Jason loves Ruth", and the torches that lit the way for the bride and groom as they were whisked away to their honeymoon destination.

But it was a nice normal wedding, my cousin Jason cried when Ruth walked down the isle, and pretty much lost it when repeating his vows - I admit, I got a little teary during that part, this is my cousin Jason - he doesn't cry. It was cute, in a cool way.

My dad was MC for the wedding, a little bit of stress at home, but he did a good job, and Jason got out at 9:30 just like he wanted, despite the long toasts from the parents in which we heart a whole lot about Jason and Ruth's lives.

But they left smiling, the parents were relieved it was all over - and a whole lot of people are going to be drinking wedding wine for the next few years!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.