Z SoccerChic9: Yes, I am still alive
Monday, April 18, 2005
Despite my absense on this blog - I am alive, more in body then in spirit - but I haven't departed yet:) Life has been quite crazy busy, though in most senses it has been a good busy. I finished my two week placement last week and it happened to be an awesome experience. I was also offered a job there, which would have been me, a fresh out of school student, taking over a position held by a lady who had worked in the legal field for 10 years. So, a lot of responsibility and a lot of room to grow and be in control. However, after consideration and prayer, I am presently turning down that offer; which means I have entered the "I am desperate and looking for employment" world. Actually, I'm not desperate, though I am job searching. The legal field happens to be quite big at the moment, and that works nicely towards my advantage.

I had an interview today - Ferro & Company. A massive law firm in Hamilton, and by massive I do mean quite massive. They have a medical unit (comprised of Doctors, nurses, and other medical support staff), a legal unit (comprised of law clerks, assistants and lawyers) a tech unit, a financial unit...and the list goes on. It's actually quite neat how they work. An unit is formed by an even amount of people from each larger unit within the business. So, one unit would have a few doctors adn suport staff, a few lawyers and suport staff, some tech staff, and some financial staff. This unit would be given a client case load and have to work together - each person having equal say in what happens on the file. So, my job to start would be legal assistant/law clerk - I would have my own personal client load of 80 clients. In the morning I would work on court documentation - in the afternoon - taking care of my client load personally. Interviewing them, calling them, and other such duties. Eventually they would train me to take over a unit and be a manager within it. So, lots of room for growth and burying your life away amidst files. Pretty much like marrying your job:)

However, the girl who interviewed me was a complete twit (bless her heart:), A. she pryed into my personal life, asking about my family, how many kids were in it, was I dutch - yadda yadda (which is a no no, especially in the legal field). Then she started treating me like I was 5 because A. I had been homeschooled and B. I had a large family. She asked questions such as:

So, will your parents let you out of the house to get a job?
Are you going to be able to keep a job or are you going to have to stay home and take care of all the kids?
Did you ask your dad what he would suggest you take as a starting salary?
So, how did you cope going to school after being homeschooled?

It was kinda annoying, to say the least, I was/am a little ticked over how she dealt with things. But, I guess that is the real world and I will just have to prove to her that despite the fact I am "overly burdened" with having a large family and definately demented because I was homeschooled, I can still keep an office job in the real world.

The fun begins:) So yah, my life is busy with job searching, trying to get exempt from my last Mohawk course, kick boxing, soccer, night courses, friends, family, my other job - and all that stuff. Keeps me out of trouble and gives me no time to think - it's a win-win situation!!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.