Z SoccerChic9: I should of ran when I had the chance
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Since I am presently unemployed and job searching, I am working regular hours at the chiropractor's office - which works quite nicely thank you very much!! We have been having computer problems at the office since January now - and since the other people working at the office have absolutely no clue of how to deal with a computer - the problems have been left esculating. So, since I am the computer genius (cause I know how to plug in a printer, and put a border on a page) the job has fell to me. Which is fine cause I don't mind calling the tech guys and feeling like I just called a different country and can't understand the language:)

So, I decided that are old computer place was just not doing the job. They kept charging us for problems that had cropped up because of their negligence, and then they wouldn't even fix the problem and we were back to where we had started. So, I said - let's switch computer people. It was a good plan, on paper it looked great, and the Dr. and assistant smilled in enthusasim of my great ideas. SO, I decide we will use the Ancaster computer guys cause they are right across the plaza from us and a bunch of people had told me they were good. So, this morning at work, I call them up - I speak to Andy - he is extremely helpful and went way out of his way to help - something that our old guys never did. He suggests I come over and pick up a disk and see if it helps the problem. Great, I head across the plaza just happy that this is working, and that he has diagnosed the problems within like 5 minutes on the phone.

I walk into the computer store only to meet this young guy behind the counter who looks at me like I just dropped out of the sky or something. I am like "well, I just talked to a guy on the phone (dumb me I can't remember his name) and he told me to pick up a disk." THe guy is still looking at me wierd, and I am thinking maybe I have a banana peel on my head. He mumbles something, and heads off to get Andy. Well, it goes from wierd to wierder - Andy shows up and he is most likely 20 - okay that's fine - as long as he knows how to fix my computer I really couldn't care what he looks like.

Okay, so it ends up that Andy has to come over to my work. I should of gotten a little worried when I found out he lives just up the road from me, but I was clueless. Then, he starts making odd comments, and just being a whole lot of helpful. Like, I really appreciate helpful guys, but this just seemed a little extreme. Like surely I am not his only client, and he's just dropping all his stuff to come and help me out - wierd. And telling me about the 4 foot scar on your back right in the middle of me asking a computer question - just seems a little odd. I dismiss it as "Andy's a helpful guy who loves computer problems" I should of diagnosed it as "Andy never sees younger woman in the computer business, and he thinks he might like to get to know you a little better then client relationships"

Well, all those things should of made me worry -they didn't until Andy asked me out. Now my problem is this: These are our new computer people, I can't avoid them, and I Have to go into his office tomorrow to return a disk he lent me for the computer. SO yah, it could be interesting to say the least.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.