Z SoccerChic9: It is over.
Monday, August 09, 2004
Well, I did it. Finished my first year of school (fast-forwarded) without having a mental breakdown:) Though, some of my friends may beg to differ on that statement:) Now, the glorious bliss of having a month off - not that I have nothing to do - but just having the time to do some of the things that I haven't had time for. Like play my drums for example, or read, go to the gym, hang without having to worry about a test or homework, counsel for a week at camp (scary thought:0, go to camp Tamarak, or just whatever.

I had a good weekend. Got to see my sister - I really miss her somedays - hung with friends, visted the beach (always a good thing!), saw my cousins and some friends on Sunday and slept in this morning - it was great:)

Perhaps happiness is more of a decision then we think. Maybe you have to make up your mind to be happy - or maybe to be content - and then happiness flows from it. If you think of it, we have everything we need to be happy - sure life isn't always perfect - but when exactly is it going to be? So, why is it that in our circles (generally) we tend to lack joy?

I was talking to some of my friends last night and they were telling me about this Penacostal pastor who had attended a recent conference at their church. During one of the speeches he stood up and said "Maybe I am all messed up, like my theology is fuzzy, or I am seeing this the wrong way - but why is it that us Penacostal churches can get people off the street and into our buildings and you Reformed people can't?"

I think this pastor has a very good point that maybe we should consider. Sure, we have great head knowledge but often we cut the emotions right out. Like it is a sin to be extremely joyful that you are alive and have recieved the most incredible gift ever. I am not saying that the Penacostals are perfect - but I think they might have something we don't - true joy.

I am working on setting up a link for my poetry - just so that you people who really don't enjoy reading it won't have too - as of yet it is not working - but when it does I will let you know:)
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.