Z SoccerChic9: LAST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, August 06, 2004
Well, last night I played volleyball with Nick and Hammy - I officially suck - and I am sure they would agree with this:) But, it was fun!

I have one exam today - in about half an hour - then I am done - free like a bird!! Though I am sure the month I have off will pass like lightning. My sister's camp has already asked me to counsel for two weeks - not sure if I am going to do it yet but I think it would be fun!! I've always wanted to counsel at a camp - I am just worried that I won't be good at it or the kids will shave my head or something:) That could be interesting.

The other day I was listening to a tape and I was frusterated cause yet again another person was finding a certain issue and blaming our problems on it. I hate it when that happens. It is like we take our problems, lump them together and then blame it on one thing - hence using it to cop out on dealing with problems within the church and world.

For instance - some people claim that divorce rates would be next to nothing, affairs mostly gone, and cultral decline would not exist if woman were not in the workplace.

Now, woman being in the workplace may have contributed to some of these issues, yet I don't think it is the root of the problem. It is like people are using that as a cop out by saying "if woman weren't in the workplace then we wouldn't have problems." That is easy to say. Considering woman are most likely always going to be in the workplace.

By blaming problems of divorce, affairs, cultral decline, and negitive role reversal between men and woman - all on woman being in the workplace - this does not require people to try change the things that they can. Cause according to some people - if woman weren't in the workplace we wouldn't have these problems.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.