Z SoccerChic9: Tuesday
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
I have many things to do today, but how is that different from any other day? We humans are very efficient at making our lives busy.

I have soccer practice tonight. So far we haven't lost a game. I think we play two games, so it should be good. The children are improving though I am not sure if we will take the tournament title this year. Time will tell I guess.

My house is a mess, tonight I think I will clean the kitchen. Oh the dreaded kitchen, I do not enjoy cleaning the oven, or trying to get the remains of my pizza pocket out of the microwave:) But is it something that has to be done and who am I to shirk from the task.

I watched a movie last night in which the main character was told that she had a week to live. So, she set out to make sure she lived it in a way that would make her proud. I wondered then. How would I change my life if I were told I was going to die in a week. Of course the real point is you could die tomorrow. Would you do what you are doing now? One never knows if today will be there last day, so live each day like it is your last (I wouldn't be cleaning the kitchen - okay so I am trying to think of a good reason not to:)

Tomorrow is my last day of school for the week. This is exciting because it is only a three day week! Though the teachers are already starting to pile on the homework. I think somehow they get secret delight out of torturing their students:) I just felt that the teacher this morning wasn't exactly serious when she apolagized for the the homework she was giving us.

Sadly

For the first time
in weeks.
I saw doubt
flickering in
your eyes.

Flames of hope
had died.
And only blacken
joy remained.
Standing as reminders,
in pools of wax -
reminders, of
days gone by.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.