Z SoccerChic9: It's me again!
Monday, June 28, 2004
I am reading old poetry - and I like this one for it was once upon a time, just one last request before you go.

Undertone

Let me slip back into those days remembered
when all your love was mine,
caught in the web of dreams, and I shall sip
the elixir of wine.

Forests have grown about hte quiet waters
of many a mountain lake,
hedging it closely in, but from above
bird shadows flit and break.

There is no quiver on the water's surface
to tell where wings have thrown
their fluttering shadow to the depths in giving
to life its undertone.

So while my days are spent in still surrender
to what time brings or takes,
I hide within my heart the trembling darkness
Your hopeless coming makes.

Oh do not hover long and mark forever
the shaping of your wings,
go quickly that life may erase the shadow
your hopeless coming brings!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.