Z SoccerChic9: This is dedicated to you..
Wednesday, June 30, 2004
To all people who have loved and lost and changed your future because of it:

Disillusionment

I shall stand alone and be strong --
I have leaned too long.
Love was sweet and good for my heart
(How the teardrops start)
But the hour may come when it will not be there
To strengthen -- to share --
So I shall be strong and stand alone;
I shall be a stone --
Rugged and firm on the storm-struck shore;
Let the waves dash
Let them seethe and roar!
I am flesh, I am blood and bone no more!

Why did I dream you would not go?
The pain that pierced might never have been
Had I been prepared for the blow --
But I judged your love like a blulwark strong
To protect me from wrong
How could I know the thruswt would fall
Closing the heavens and dipped in gall
From the hand I trusted, most of all?
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.