Z SoccerChic9: The world hates me...
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
well, maybe not the entire world, just anyone associated with Canada Post and all the drivers and their vehicles on my way home from work this evening.

You see, I haven't been getting mail for almost two weeks now. Of course, you may think "Well Mary, some times when you are a loner and you have no friends, you don't get mail." I realize that is a very valid point; however, I am expecting three things, and have been expecting them for almost a month now, and yet none of them have arrived. I am happy that my bills seemed to have disapeared, but I don't know how I am going to explain that when I get interest charges on their overdueness.

So, I went upstairs and talked to my landlord today, and she assured me that they have not seen any of my mail (though she did have an evil grin on her face, and I heard her laughing when I left later). I did notice some suspicious footprints from the neighbours house to our mailbox in the snow...but really, why would someone steal my mail? So yes, I'm not really sure where lost mail goes...perhaps into a great black abyss never to be seen again.

Also, we are getting a slight amount of snow...and by slight, I do mean slight. However, all the drivers on my route, seemed to think that the few snow flakes falling from the sky means you should drive 10k an hour, and do idiot things, like merge lanes in front of faster cars just because that's what you do when it snows apparently.

I am happy to say I made it home alive, though I definately wondered if I would at various points in my drive.

All that being said - I think I sound a bit like a baby complaining about this...I promise life is good, and these small "disturbances" make me much more patient...or something :)

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.