Z SoccerChic9: Going..going...gone
Sunday, February 11, 2007
I went to an auction this past week, not because I needed anything really in particular, but because a friend of mine wanted to go. So, we got the directions and headed out to the middle of nowhere. Now, I've been to auctions before, but it's definately been quite some time. So, apparently this place has an auction every Thursday night, and we decided to see what all the fuss was about. Long and short of it...I bought a couch for $10. I also met a guy who knew my grandparents, and he offered to drive it to London for me :)

Now, it's a decent couch for $10, and my current couch is extremely uncomfortable...only problem is, it's bigger then my house. Well, not really my entire house, because then I would be living in a cardboard box, but bigger then my door ways. After much shoving and pushing, we managed to get it into my kitchen, now I am trying to get it into my living room - which is proving to be quite amusing. I have taken every thing off the walls, I just took the light fixtures down, and I'm contemplating living the rest of my life in my living room. As, my new couch is currently in the hallway, blocking me into the room, and making it so that if any body was to come over, they would have to hop over my couch to get into my living room or bedroom.

Now, there is the small fact that I may starve to death in my living room, but at least it will make an interesting headstone "Here lies the girl who bought a couch much to large, and starved to death in her living room because said couch was too large for her house. She should of learned to be less greedy."

Wish me luck folks...if I ever do manage to get this couch into my living room, I still have to get the other one out. I think it's a sign that I should never go to an auction!

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.