Z SoccerChic9: Grey Areas
Wednesday, January 24, 2007


Christian's shouldn't be asking themselves when it comes to a grey area "Is this wrong" but rather they should ask themselves "Is it right." I mean, I can tell you that a lot of things are not wrong for a Christian to do, such as drinking, smoking or other areas that have been deemed grey areas. But when I ask myself, is this right...I often realize I really don't have a good argument to support it. Now, I am not saying that you need to cut out any grey area in your life and become legalistic...but I am saying, maybe we need to re-examine some things in our lives. Just because it's not wrong, doesn't mean we need to do it.

What kind of standard are you holding yourselves to? If you compare yourselves to other Christians, I am sure you can come out at a level similar to how you perceive them. However, when you measure yourself up to God's standard, you will fall short every time.

We had a good Bible study tonight - I was encouraged by the discussion and thoughts that came forward. It's been fun getting to know people better in London...I don't know if I've scared them too badly yet...they're still talking to me, so I think that's a good sign :)

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.