Z SoccerChic9: Jobs I do not want...
Friday, January 26, 2007
So, I was sitting there thinking the other day (always a bad sign) and something in my thought pattern went on the topic of jobs...and I decided that if I am to change my career, these are the jobs I do not want:

1) Working at a maternity clothing store.

I am always afraid that when I walk into a maternity store to shop for someone that some nice lady working there is going to ask me when I am due. I never know how I would respond to that...because if you tell her you're not pregnant, she's going to feel horrible...but if you say you're five months and she says "Wow, you're big for five months" you're going to feel horrible. It really is a no-win situation, which leads me to think, I'd hate to work at a maternity store, cause I know I'd end up asking non-pregnant ladies when they are due...and then most likely getting fired over it.

2) Being a doorman - or more like doorwoman:

I would always feel afraid that I would go to open the door for some lady carrying her pet poodle in her purse, and I'd smack her right in the head with the door. I just really don't think I have the eye/hand coordination for a job such as that. I mean nothing worse then people checking in at the hotel with the door crest embedded on their face. I can't picture myself lasting very long with that job. So, I'm basically impressed at all the guys who open doors for girls, and don't clock them in the head!

3) A hairdresser.

Every time I go to get my hair cut, I sit down in the chair, and the lady says “What would you like today,” and I always respond “Hmm, do what you think is best.” Now, if I was a hair dresser and someone said that to me, I think I would give them a mullet just to teach them never to put so much pressure on me as the hair dresser. Not to mention the fact that me holding sharp and pointy object in my hand near people’s heads just doesn’t seem like a wise idea. I mean, what happens if you unexpectedly sneeze while cutting someone’s hair. Sounds like a CSI case to me.

4) A Window Cleaner

Part of me would love to have this job, mostly because people always think the window cleaner can’t see inside while he’s cleaning. Though to be quite honest, they can see just fine. But for the very same reason that I wouldn’t mind being a window cleaner, I would hate to be one. I mean, you can see in people’s windows…people who think you can’t see them. I can only imagine the stories you could bring home, and the therapy you would need to help cope with those stories. Not to mention, you’re hanging from a thread high above concrete slabs…something seems rather risky about that, not quite sure what it is though.

Labels: ,

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.