Z SoccerChic9: Are we settling for the ordinary?
Monday, January 01, 2007
When was the last time you smiled...for absolutely no reason? Or the last time you lived out one of your dreams, no matter how crazy or daunting it was? When was the last time you stood up and said, "I'm not doing this because I don't think it will help me in serving my purpose here on earth - to glorify God."

Have we become a society stuck in a rut of the everyday, just living minute to minute in hopes of surviving the mine field we call life? When you look back on the last year, five years, ten years of your life do you see a stagnant pool of water collecting? Don't get me wrong, I realize a lot of life is about mundane tasks that need to be performed or waded through. I am not trying to be idealistic and say you should be smiling and living life to the fullest in every moment. But stop for a minute, take a step back, and look at your life - is this what you want to be doing? If you were given a year left to live, how much of your life would change?

Sometimes I people watch...I look at couples who are together, or parent's with their children. Sometimes the people look happy and completely in love...but most days they've got frowns on their faces, the children are screaming, the parent's are upset - and they are yelling at each other. In those moments, I just want to get up and shake them, and say to them, "This is your life, you only get to live it once. You don't know how long you have to spend with this person, you may only have a day left with them, don't forget to tell them that you love them."

So when I look at my own life, over this past year and as I go into the future...I am stopping, taking a step back, and trying to go forward with my eye sight on God, and a smile on my face.

By the way, about five minutes ago while I was talking to a friend, I smiled...for no reason. Life is good, despite all the pain and hardships that come your way. There is a rainbow behind the clouds, and a crown in heaven with your name.

Labels: ,

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.