Z SoccerChic9: Trans-Siberian Orchestra...and a rainy Thursday
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Opera meets rock band, Christmas carols to electric guitars and drums? The real question is, can it be done without sounding like some crazy screamers bashing guitars? Well, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra proves that it can. Seriously, absolutely amazing talent, and a great show that they put on at the Air Canada Centre. I quite enjoyed myself, and the drum solo, be still my beating heart...I believe I fell in love with the drummer. So, incredibly amazing. His drum set was like at least two drum sets put together, and in-between regular beats he would spin his drum stick around in his hand and then hit on beat. I was in complete awe. I do believe I sat there with my mouth open and drool hitting the head of the person below me. And seriously, who cannot like fireballs blowing up behind stage while Christmas carols are being played?

All that to say, Toronto is a crazy place, which I completely love...and want to move to!

For those of you who've never heard the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I strongly encourage you to look up some of their music, and if by any chance they hit a town near you, it's worth the money and time.

For those of you who remember the video with the house that had flashing Christmas lights to music that crossed the net last year, the music in it is the Tran-Siberian Orchestra.

Seriously, take a minute, visit their website, and hear some of their amazing music:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Link

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.