Z SoccerChic9: Edmonton
Sunday, March 12, 2006
This week was slightly busy for me, including two conferences (Edmonton & Calgary), battle of the bands, College & Career group, drum lessons, and so forth. But, I had fun - and I got to shop at the West Edmonton Mall - so that was cool.

I saw Laura Malloy this weekend, she was a mom, and a homeschooling mom at that - it kinda wierded me out a little. But hey, incase all of you missed the news, she is living in Edmonton and she has a baby - which she is planning on homeschooling:)

I also went to my very first official Mass. I was at a Catholic Conference from Thursday - Saturday, and since I was trying to sell stuff there and such, I figured I should attend the morning Mass - I figured it would be a good way to connect with the people. Well, I think I would of offended less people if I hadn't attending. First off, I walked into mass (5 minutes before it started - so it was quite full) and I went and sat down in a pew. Only to realize later that everyone who walks in has to get down on one knee and bow, while crossing themselves, down to the statue of Jesus. The entire service had numerous priest and audiance sayings, that I just had no idea what everyone was saying. I was going to partake in communion - but then I got wierded out when the Priest turned the wine and bread into actual blood and body. It was kinda a disturbing thought to say the least.

All that to say - I won't be attending another mass any time soon - it was totally different from what I expected.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.