Z SoccerChic9: Hello Alberta
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Today, I woke up and decided that I needed to visit the local library....after all I am pretty much a hatter (what the Medicine Hat people call themselves) being here for three weeks and all. So, I arrived at the library and stated that I would like a library card. The woman behind the counter stated that she would need identification showing that I lived here and such. Well, this presents a slight problem as I do not have a permanant residence here, none of my cards are switched over to Alberta, and basically they were denying me a card. It was a sad and tearful moment in the history of my young life.

However, I was struck with a brilliant idea, after the librarian told me I should mail a letter to myself to prove that I lived here. So, I thanked her, went out the door, drove to my work, let myself in (thank goodness for trusting employers), created a payroll in my accounting software, included an Alberta address, printed of a pay stub and went back to the library.

I now am the proud owner of my very own library card. Yes, I still get a small thrill when stating that information:)

And it's a nice library, we have two floors, bean bag chairs, leather couches, at least 14 newspapers each day, and lots of movies and DVD's...I feel quite at home, and less lonesome for a Chapters.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.