Z SoccerChic9: So yesterday...
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
I watched Emma & Alex...and it left me thinking, wierd how a chessy chick flick did that:) In the movie, for those of you who haven't seen it, the main character is an author who is writting a book in 30 days. As he starts writing the book, it becomes about his life...in this life he is torn between this lady who is kinda out of his reach due to money, but he is very passionate about - and this girl who is quite available to him, yet it is more of a comfortable relationship. Perhaps even a settling relationship, in which he can't have what he wants, so he falls for what he can have. In the end he has to choose which one he rather have....and then loses both of them (which made me laugh).

But....what would you choose? I know that many of you may say, well passionate and exciting becomes old and eventually you have a normal relationship.....but could you live your whole life wondering if you would of been happier with the woman you were passionate about? Or dreaming about what your life with her would of been like. Somehow that seems unfair to the girl you are comfortable with, to love her, yet not be truly crazy about her? To love her because she is there, not because you are head over heels for her. Is this settling?

Thank goodness I don't have to make this choice in my own life, but I wonder what I would do if I had to. And enough about thinking:)
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.