Z SoccerChic9: Acquire the Fire...and other such stuff
Sunday, October 30, 2005
So, this weekend I volunteered at Acquire the Fire....which involved me standing for long periods of time at the worship band's table selling their merchandise. From this vantage point I was able to meet a lot of people and strike up some cool and interesting conversations. With the exception of the random guy hitting on me and offering me his phone number like it was some kind of great honour, it turned out to be quite the successful weekend - though it has left me rather tired. The tierdness of course is due to late hours and early mornings. Let me just say, 6:00 on a Saturday morning should be illegal or something, especially without caffeine of any kind:)

This past weekend was my first time at an Acquire the Fire event - I think that the concept is a neat idea, however, I would be interested in taking a survey in like a month's time to see what happened to all those children who surged forward for the altar call, or lost their voices screaming for the bands concerts, or met new friends and spent money on Christian t-shirts. This kind of production always makes me think, are we equiping them well enough for the weeks to come when the real world hits and they have to live out their new found faith.

Over 8,000 children packed into Copps, it makes an interesting sight and even a more interesting noise level, I admire the people who are daring enough to take on the feat!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.