Z SoccerChic9: My week at camp.
Saturday, August 21, 2004
Well, I was stretched this week - in a positive way. I was on double duty - co-counselor and on horse staff. This kept me quite busy my typical day looked like this:

6:00 - Round-up at the barn
7:15 - Devos. with the Staff
7:45 - Breakfast
8:15 - working with the horses
12:20 - Lunch
1:00 - Teaching horse classes etc.
7:15 - Horse staff eats a late supper
7:45 - Working with the kids doing night activities
9:00 - Set up for evening worship
11:00 - Clean-up and evening activity
12:30 - Bed time

They were busy days but good. I had some awesome apportunities to work with some kids and see God working in them. Definately an awesome experience! Every night we had worship with them - two nights we had a band come in, one night a rapper, and then the camp team for the rest of the week. Some of the worship styles were interesting - due to the more liberal side of the Camp at times - but God definately worked through that place and that was incredibly refreshing.

I met a girl there who I am next to positive I know from Brantford Pregnancy Center - that was kinda of sad cause they kids seem so young - they should be playing with dolls - not babies.

I was smucked - every week the camp has a hide-and-seek game - staff against campers. If a camper finds a staff they get to smuck them (they are given a plate full of whip cream, jello, rice - whatever and they get to wipe it all over the staff's face and hair). It was great fun:)

And I got to hang with my sister all week and meet her friends - I scared away a few boys for her also:) So, that was my week - it was a good experience!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.