Z SoccerChic9: Legislative Assembly
Friday, September 01, 2006
So this Wednesday, I spent the entire day not in the office staring at a computer screen, but rather in Hamilton presenting in front of the Legislative Aseembly on Bill 52 (raising the compulsary school attendance age from 16 to 18). Now, most of you most likely read that and kind of roll your eyes and say "blah blah" but this actually is a really cool thing. Not only is it quite the honor that I was able to go to this, but I also had the ability to meet and present in front of representatives from each political party.

I must say, the reasons why I want to be a litigator came flooding back as I sat in the room with other suited people, listening to the presentations and debates as to why the bill was good or not. I got that thrill inside of me, the thrill of the chase, the hunt, and the kill.

My boss describes us people who go into litigation law as addicts - we are addicted to the adrenaline high that court rooms and such give us. The bad thing is that we are never satisfied....we always want more....it truly is an addiction:)

So yes people...while you were doing normal Wednesday things, I became unormal for the day, and completely enjoyed it. Another thing to add to my resume for Windsor Universities law program.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.