Z SoccerChic9: Of dead and dying birds
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
So, the other day I walked up the steps from my basement apartments, only to be shocked and horrified by a little bird lying dead on my steps with his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth. I kind of stepped over him, and then contemplated what I should do. None of the options I had were very good ones, because they involved me having to touch him in some way and move him. Of course, Steve's suggestion of hitting him into the neighbour's yard with a golf club was by far one of the better ones...besides the fact that I don't have any golf clubs.

So, I went back into my house, and figured I really needed to move him, because there is only so many times that it is sanitary to step over a dead bird and pretend he doesn't exist. Well, I must say, I did a good job of blocking that dying face out of my mind that night....but woke up with a horrible start after dreaming of the bird attacking me and telling me I was a horrible person for not giving him a proper burial. So, I trudged up the steps...dreading having to move his cold body. Now, to my shock, and somewhat disgust....during the night the bugs had devoured the entire bird, and all that was left was his legs and tail feathers. At first I thought I was going to be sick, but then a happy thought came to my mind....I no longer have to touch the bird or move him.

So, that is the story about me and the bird who died. I am hoping no other birds decide to follow his example, as I really don't want to have to live in my house for the rest of my life in order to avoid touching dead bodies.

So, in honour of Mr. Dead Bird.....rest in peace half eaten birdy, rest in peace.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.