Z SoccerChic9: Life is short...but Eternity is forever
Sunday, April 09, 2006
My dad wrote that in a recent letter to me, and it really hit me this weekend as I was driving home from the conference. So often I get so caught up in the here and now. The things I am dealing with become these huge issues that take up all my time and energy, when in retrospect it's only a small bump in the road. I get frusterated at how I can be sidetracked so easily.

We had a sermon this morning about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and how He got to the point where he gave his will over to God and let God's will be done. It was very convicting as I was forced to look at my own life and examine the things that I am not giving over to God because I don't want to. And it's true, I have a bunch of Garden of Gethsemane's in my own life, but I haven't gotten to the point yet where I have surrendered my will and let God have his. In light of eternity being forever, this should be easy for me to just let go and let God....but I keep fighting back. Giving everything to God and yet keeping part of my life clasped in my hands.

There are some days when you shouldn't go to church....Just kidding, just means I am responsible to making changes in my life.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.