Z SoccerChic9: Hockey Tournaments....
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Well, I was suppose to ref one hockey game today - as each team is responsible for supplying a ref. However, about 6 games later I still haven't seen the end, and hockey sticks are starting to create a blur in front of me.

They say that if you're a good ref people aren't happy - if that is the case, then I am a good ref. Everything went fine until one of the semi-final games. There were two teams, major rivals - lots of pushing and penalty stuff - 2 minutes left and I hand out two penalties, one to each team for highsticking. One of the kids goes off and takes his penalty, the other didn't (which since these are non-stop games I can't really babysit). So, I call too many men on, just as the one team scores bringing it to a tie game. I say "the goal doesn't count, there's too many men". That is when the one team errupts, claiming they didn't know they had a penalty, claiming the scorekeeper didn't tell them they did, whatever. Mothers yelling, coaches turning purple, and kids screaming. But, I stuck with my call, and they lost the game.

I guess it wasn't too bad, because the head guy had come over - and he asked me to ref the final game.

All I can say is.....glad I don't ref every day!!
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.