Z SoccerChic9: The joke is on me...
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
it gets as cold as -45 here in the winter. Oh yah, no one seemed to have mentioned that one small fact to me before I took all my stuff and headed down here. I have to get a block thingy put into my car so that I can plug it in during the night, otherwise it will be dead to the world. It's rather a depressing thought, me stopping to cross the road, and in the five seconds before the light changes I become a solid block of ice. People here do not break up here outside, if you do and there is tears, you have permenant blocks of ice on your face for the rest of your life. We all considered getting rid of our freezers, but the moment you jump outside to grab that can of orange juice you freeze. It's sad driving around and seeing all the frozen statues of people who happened to stop for longer then 1.23 seconds.

On the other hand, it's not a damp cold, it's a very dry cold - so the -20 feels not so -20 and more like -8.

I wish I could type more, but my fingers are going to freeze into blocks of ice.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.