Z SoccerChic9: Monday Night
Thursday, November 04, 2004
I was driving home with my sister Monday night back from our young people's meeting. We were just talking about our evening, and I realized that the gas tank was almost on empty. Now, considering gas happened to be 77.2 at the moment (which unfortunatly is a good price as of late) I decided to stop and fill-up. So, I stop at the gas station. Bep got out and washed the windows while I filled the tank. Since we had the van, it takes a few minutes and a whole lot of money.

AS I was filling the gas, a notice popped up on the screen (wow, these amazing new fangled gas pumps:) and said that I was a certian numbered person who had filled up today and I won like $15 towards my gas purchase. I was like hey, that is cool. So, Bep, who was by this time done washing the windows, went into the gas station to see how we could collect the money.

When she was inside, there was this guy with curly redish hair leaning against the counter. He kept watching her while she talked to the clerk behind the counter. At one point the clerk turned to ask him something and had to say, "can you stop staring and answer me." Now, since my sister is kinda used to this, she didn't really think anything of it. She took the money and came back outside.

I had finished filling the gas tank and headed inside with her to pay. The guy was still leaning against the counter and he watched us kinda closely. I whispered to Bep "sheesh, he needs to get a life." Then as a joke I said to her "do you think he has a gun or something." We both laughed. Paid for the gas and headed out the door.

As I walked out the door I had this really uneasy feeling - like something wasn't right. I said to Bep, lets run, I feel nervous.

So, we started running to the van, as we did I heard footsteps behinds us. Over the corner of my shoulder I saw the man leaving the gas station and picking up speed behind us.

Bep and I quickly jumped in the van, no longer laughing at our earlier jokes. As we jumped in, I quickly tried to put the keys in the ignition. As I did I turned to look out the window, he was heading towards out van. The words were almost out of my mouth, but it wasn't quick enough. Bep couldn't get to the door fast enough to lock it.

He grabbed the door handle and opened it. I screamed and that was the last thing I remembered.

Then I woke up. It had all been a terrible dream. Now I am scared of going to the gas station:)
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.