Z SoccerChic9: It's been a while...
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Life has been a whirlwind of activity, and somehow blogging wasn't on the top of the list of things to do. Funny how that is. I've noticed that since the take-over of Facebook, people's blogs seem to have been put on the back burner. Then again, when in just a few minutes I can find out the relationship status of my friends, see their updated pictures, read their profiles, and now chat...really blogging might just be a thing of the past.

However, here I am. I still find something therapeutic about writing, or maybe I'm just bored.

One of the exciting and awesome things that I did recently, was visit Europe. Jello and I spent 10 days in Paris, Rome and Switzerland. We completely packed the ten days that we were there, and loved every minute of it. Jello is one of those few people that I can travel with and not kill. We have this ability to sense when the other person needs their space. Sure, I still drive her crazy with my singing...but at the end of the day, we survived being with each other 24/7 and are still friends now.

I'm going to steal from Jello, and give you some random facts about Europe...or at least what I observed while there.

Random facts...

Countries visited:

Italy, Switzerland, France

Favourite of the 3:


Everyone asks this question, and I have a hard time answering it. Rome felt like a third-world country, which surprised me. It was very dirty, lots of beggars, and cram as many people on a bus as you possibly could. The sights were amazing, as was the food.










Switzerland was like a postcard. If you've seen the movie "The Truman Show" that pretty much sums up what it felt like to be there. It was like being on a movie set. Everyone smiled at the perfect time, everything was so clean and neat. I almost felt like I was polluting the place by being there. Then again, to live there is very expensive...to say the least.








Paris. I think I could live there...granted I would have to learn French, as people were very snobby there if you did not speak French. However, the city was beautiful, clean and sophisticated. The Eiffel Tower, as much as it's a total tourist spot...was beyond what I had imagined in my head.




Favourite line:





'That's so wag!' - by the young Australian boy we met at our Rome hostel, he was traveling with his family for a month!














Favourite food:




The meal we had in Rome was amazing. This amazing bread with olive oil and fresh tomatoes, and this pasta dish...with wine of course. So good.














Favourite landmark:


I think I would have to say the Colosseum. It was spectacular. Although, The Louvre in Paris was pretty cool to be in. Just the fact that I was seeing all these paintings that I grew up studying was a very cool experience. Oh, and the Sistine Chapel...I love Michelangelo's work...okay, so much for just one favourite landmark.












































Languages encountered:


Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Swiss-German

Lanuages that I knew:

None well enough.

Train rides taken:



2 - 12 hours to Zurich, and 4 1/2 hours to Paris











Pictures taken:


1400??

Best Dressed:

This lady:


Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.