Z SoccerChic9: Brain Storming...
Monday, November 20, 2006
You know what...sometimes I think taking vacations are not worth it, because when the first Monday back to work roles around, it's like pulling teeth from a candied apple. I am not a happy camper being back at work full time...I think I need to find a very old man, with a lot of money, who is about to die...and then marry him so I can travel the world on his riches and only work when I want to, doing what I want :)

On a neat note, I had the opportunity of attending a fund raising dinner for abused woman and children in Columbia on Friday night, and a law conference all day Saturday. I have realized that my passion is really working with abused woman and children. I knew this for quite some time, but now I am actively trying to focus my career around that, or at least have some part of my life interacting with it. From the looks of it, in March I will be giving a talk about self-image to a group of woman. Which is convicting for me, because let's face it...most of us girls hate how we look, or at least are disatisfied with at least some aspect of our looks. With all the pressure that the world and society places on looks, it's a struggle to not let the media or pressure dictate our actions or what we strive to look like.

And so, as I begin to prepare for this, I will have to be doing a lot of soul searching, because more and more I am convinced that your view of your self drasticly impacts your life through many different ways. If you're a girl, and you have not watched Pam Stenzel's "Looking in a Mirror", I strongly suggest you do so.

Anyhow...I need some caffine...and lots of it.

Labels:

 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.