Z SoccerChic9: A thought
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
You know what's sad - the fact that we have so much, yet we are unhappy. There are people across the world, I've met some, who live in poverty, yet they are terribly happy. According to our standards they have nothing. Yet, they are happy to be alive and thankful for every thing they have. We could learn something from them. Here is a poem written in Ecuador when I visted there in January:

I see garbage, cracked walls
card board dwellings, poor begars,
and a hard life full of sacrifices;
but you see home.

I see lack of things considered
necescity; broken homes, poverty,
and doing without so much;
yet, you see a beautiful life.

Always smiling, content with so
little, but at the end of the day,
you are the winners; happy
with the life you have,
greatful for each moment.

I see your joy - it radiates;
you see me, being inspired, by you.
 
This template is called "Living the Dream", a modification of "The Light : The Sound". (c) 2005 Daniel Josph Xhan. Use and modify at your own discretion.